Cannabis Oil has received a lot of attention recently, since it contains around one hundred different cannabinoid components that can interact with the body and benefit the user. The two most well-known cannabinoids in cannabis that are known to produce an effect are THC and CBD.THC is better known as the psychoactive component of cannabis that produces the high that you experience when using cannabis. CBD has no effect on the brain, but has many medicinal benefits.
Cannabis Oil is so effective as a treatment option due to this THC and CBD.When you refine the cannabis into an oil, it takes out all the plant material to leave the oil, which allows the user to take a dose which is a lot larger than they would otherwise be able to do when the other material was left in.
It is important when making the Cannabis Oil to only use the finest quality Cannabis. Make sure you speak with your local dispensary (use the dispensaries near me tool) to source the best strain for your needs.
Ingredients and Equipment for Making Cannabis Oil
- Source some Ethanol. This is to be used as a solvent.
- A freezer
- Two stock pots (pots made of stainless steel are best). If you cannot acquire two stock pots, it is possible to use food-grade plastic buckets.
- A stick made of untreated wood.
- Bubble bag
- Rice Cooker (Stainless Steel)
- Cooking Thermometer
- Mason Jars
How to Make Cannabis Oil
To make the cannabis oil, follow these instructions below:
1) Put the ethanol in your freezer overnight.
2) Take the dried flowers and insert into your bucket or stock pot and freeze overnight.
3) Take your stock pot and fill it with the alcohol. Ensure the flowers are completely submerged.
4) Put the mixture that you have created in the freezer for 60 minutes.
5) Stir the mixture with your wooden stick. It is important not to rip and tear at the flowers. Strain with your bubble bag into the second pot or bucket.
6) Do this rinse process a second time with some new ethanol and flowers.
7) Insert the mixture into the rice cooker and boil off all the ethanol that is contained within the mixture. We’d recommend you do this process outside. Ensure the boiling process is continued until all the solvent has evaporated. It is important for the mixture to be heated for around 1 hr and 15 minutes at 100 oc. Make sure it doesn’t exceed 140oc.
8) Take the oil that you have just created and place in your mason jar. Ensure you store the jar in a cool dry place.